Friday, February 20, 2009

U.N. & Old friends.

Today the OISS (Office of International Students Something) organized a trip to the UN with a guided tour. Ok pardon me, but I'm super tired so I shall just post pictures and comment on them. After which, I shall go sleep and sleep and sleep!!!!!! Tomorrow's gonna be a fun day so yea, I will blog more about it when I come back.


Real One.

Fake One.

This was on the exhibit on disarmament - this land mine is designed to look like a yoyo so that children will pick it up.

WHAT KIND OF MORBID MIND CREATED SUCH A DISASTROUS HEINOUS OBJECT???

Me looking visibly tired in the UN General Assembly Hall.

A LARGE GIANORMOUS persian rug - a gift from IRAN to the UN.
We should get one this size and stuff it into our living room AND dining room.
Heh.




Ok this one was seriously amazing - a super intricate ivory carving from China
Don't worry - the guide reassured us that when this was created, ivory was still legal.
heh.
12 freaking elephants contributed their tusks to this thing.

The carving is AMAZING though.
just LOOK AT THAT DETAIL!
.
.
.
.
.
Well, yes, so for lunch I met up with Huifang who was visiting from Princeton.
I love love lunches with old friends. So comforting.


in the SUPER LARGE restaurant.
It was funny cos the entrace on the ground level was really small, u know, like one of those shophouses in Chinatown. Yet, when we entered, the place was HUGE.

Like HARRY POTTER's Quidditch tents.
HA!

Huifang looking happy.
It's her birthday tomorrow and she got to eat dimsum that's why!
Ok maybe not, but anything la.



Ahh...

.
.
.
.
Ok, so for dinner met up with En and Yi again!
The mad girl.
haha.




Alright! So I'm done with my 'So today I did this and today I did that' blog post. heh.
Well, Ok, so i admit most of my blog posts are like that(Unless of course i didn't do anything that day during which I would provide interesting nuggets of info !) , but that's what a blog is for!Right??? Dun need to be so fancy pancy la.

Wan An!

0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger