Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blue is the new Green.

Ok, so this is not an advertorial - this blog doesn't receive enough hits to warrant an advertorial! - but I was doing my daily industrial design website reading when I chanced upon the report on Samsung BlueEarth (released 2 days ago and will be launched in UK in second part of this year) and I reckoned it deserved a mention here.

I think this phone seems to be headed in the right direction - Solar Panels and all!

Apparently, whenever the sun is out, the solar panels charge the phone enough to sustain a phone call - can you imagine the convenience that this phone will bring? Plus all the savings on electricity!

Ok, so I don't think handphones use THAT much electricity, but still, add up the number of cell phones there are in the world and I'm sure it amounts to quite a bit. Whatever it is, this phone is definitely a step in the right direction.

hmmm.
I wonder how long it would be before cars get their own solar-upgrades!

While the Big 3 in the US are trying hard to play catch up with their Eastern counterparts, we'll just sit back, relax and await the Mini E ! Sadly, the car has no solar cells but it IS pure electric- I guess that'll do!

I think it would be a few years before they release it as it's currently still on field study. Sigh!


I miss the clubman. :(

0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger