Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Erratic Weather

Hola.

Alright, so the title should actually have been:

" blah blah blah, blah blah blah."

All the assignments + readings + catching up with work have left me with a rather uneventful and boring time, but oh well, I can't bear to let this blog die such a quick death: hence, hence...



.... I have decided to blog about the exciting weather!

EXciTing WEathEr!
EXciTing WEathEr!
EXciTing WEathEr!


This was just a few days ago when the weather was about 6 degrees (celcius! I'm irritated with the Fahrenheit) and it was warm enough for people to actually sit around in the park. A sign of what Spring will be like - cannot wait, cannot wait.
Above is Washington square park, which is where all the NYU buildings are around.

Well yea, so it was a good day.



A few days later, the temperature went down once again to -7 degrees and now we're having a snow storm.
Can you see the white fluffy things? That's snow !
SNOOOOWWWWWWW


This was on the way back from school today.
I would CRY if the mini was ever exposed to such conditions.

Can imagine myself washing the car everyday without fail.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




~



Ok, this is on a separate note.

BUT.

so sunday was
SUPERBOWL

Guess what.

I had NO idea there was such an event before coming to NY. OK maybe I might have heard about it, but I didn't exactly know about it.

Well yea, so this particular football (american) finals has great great viewership, (something like 95 freaking million (like 10000 times sinapore's population) ) and therefore, cost of commercial air time during this period is immensely high. All the firms fight to pay top dollar to have their highly anticipated commercials screened during this football event - people even talk about what commercials will be on during the event weeks prior to it!

Half of me wonders whether people are actually watching the commercials more than the football.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyways, I'm taking this class - advertising management and well, it consists of alot of advertisement (pronounced here as 'advert-ice-ment', urgh!) watching and so, we had to watch the superbowl commercials and pick some that we liked. (i cheated and watched them all on youtube)

Well, I personally LOVED the following one, but when in class, many people said it was annoying.


Nice right? So funny! I hope that doesn't happen to me , or anyone I know in the future!

Apparently, the following rated high amongst all the commercials, and also in class! - I personally find it crude and unappealing. I prefer wit and intelligent humour in my commercials.




Why am i doing free advertising for Superbowl and their commercials? I'm not even a fan! Why? Cos I don't wanna do my work.

Think I might have to go to careerbuilder.com soon.

heh.

Ciao! =)

0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger