Monday, February 9, 2009

Fantastic Weather , but very much under it.

So the weather forecast for the next week is that the temperature is going to be constantly above 0 degrees - Great, GREAT,GREAAEAEAETT news for me since I'm terribly afraid and perturbed by the biting cold.

What's not too good news is that I woke up today with a throat that was painful and parched.

I wasn't exactly surprised that the sore throat appeared over night since there were lingering symptoms the night before - the usual achy bones, constant jittery feeling and eyes which felt like they really didn't belong in the sockets. Not to mention, Yi was complaining about a sore throat the day we met for dinner.

The poor girl had it rough - she went to give tuition to some kids and they were sick, so yea. she caught it and then I think promptly passed it to me. Hope she is well now! So, anyways, not to worry- this doesn't seem like too strong a bug and I should be well in about a day or so. *Crosses fingers*

The girls LOUNGING on my bed (because there's only one chair in my room and I was using it =D ) the day Si left.
.
.
.
.

So to combat the buggy bug, I decided that I had to consume good, clean, simple food.
Hence, I learnt how to make porridge! I had porridge yesterday and today - kor, I know u'd be puking at the thought of it.

WELL. Let's say I love making porridge now. It's not exactly FAST food, but the results are good :)

Not to mention, I love the smell of boiling chicken stock!

See the chopped, fresh garlic and soya sauce + oyster sauce?
YUMMMM


The porrige mid way through

I was surprised at how much the porridge turned out to look like the one we have at home, and it tasted like it too. HA!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
OK FINE, so you CANT exactly have porridge that doesn't LOOK like porridge, BUT YEA, this was my first time!


Ok, this is a bit abrupt, but last night I binged abit more cos it was the Choeun's (the korean girl) 21st birthday and the Floor residents went to some steak place where I had erm. damn, forgot what it was called, I know they have it in Macs as well..hmm. some burger, ah, Angus Burger. Good hearty food. :)


I don't have any more photographs from that event because all the group photos were taken with other cameras - you know how in group settings there's always an abundance of cameras. yeaaaaaaa.

~

Before I go back to doing my work, here's a view which I got last night, thought it was beautiful :
The moon rising at dusk.
ahhhhhh.

Ciao!

0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger