Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gaza

Just a thought as I was browsing BBC:

We all know about the recent Israeli offensive into Gaza ( they say in response to rocket fire which undoubtedly have been on-going over the years from Hamas, and whether or not the size of the offensive was appropriate is still being debated) and we are all aware of the number of civilians killed - more than a thousand and many of them children.

What I found happening to me as I followed the conflict over the course of the offensive was that the news seemed to became more and more depressing till after a while, I just stopped clicking on all Gaza related news.

This was until I glimpsed the news title: "Bleak Outlook for Bombed Gaza Zoo"

If you click on the link above, you will see that the zoo occupies only the first 1/3 of the article. The rest is about the conflict and the devastation that was caused as well as the suffering that the Gaza people are facing.

I don't exactly have a major point, but I guess that it's sad that I (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) went to the site only because the word 'zoo' piqued my interest in the article - an article about a conflict between humans and in which humans are suffering the most.

I think many of us just want to turn a blind eye towards all the horrible events going on in the world - we refuse to face the fact that so many people are dying in useless conflicts out there - and I guess this is the best way to remind people to not overlook the intense suffering that still goes on elsewhere.

hmmmmm. Oh wells.



Ok, back to Financial statement anaylsis! (what irony!)

0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger