Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Soho & Chinatown(AGAIN)

So yesterday I had some orientation thing where I met more exchange students. Well, Yi (My personal assistant cum tour guide, this again is a tribute to you) brought me and 2 other exchange students from Hongkong down to SOHO.

Alright, from wikipedia about SOHO:
Originally associated with the arts, it has since become famous for both destination shopping and its downtown scene. The name is a blend of "South" and "Houston" from "south of Houston Street" and has no relation to the district called Soho in London.

Well there! a little new thing learnt everyday! SOHO is near Chinatown, which is south of the map on the right.


Yi and Zoe, who's from HK. This happened to be the first time I took the Subway in the States, well, though comprehensive, I'd say I very much prefer the MRT! :(



Yi and Elizabeth who is Yi's roomie. A smart, intellectual and culturally aware lady!



Random pic, but ZEBRA HOUSE WITH ZEBRA CAR. HEH.
Kor, maybe we should paint our Mini like that.
I MISS OUR MINI !!!! :(
(I realized I dont really have a pic of our mini.)


Ooooo. cobblestone streets. so cute hor. So Quaint hor.


Let's vote. Who thinks Yi has lips like Liv Tyler's??!!!

Heh.

Alright, this is a bad shot of this cool, indie movie place that's a favorite of Yi's. I would have NEVER stepped in there if she didn't bring me there. It had a very nice cosy, good-for-studying cafe there.

Apparently photography was not allowed but whatever la.





The hongkong exchange students, Peter and Zoe.
Zoe and peter wanted to head to chinatown, so we went, again, to HONGKONG supermarket.
To tell you the truth, I'm kinda tired of Chinatown already! and ! I went there AGAIN AGAIN today! like, for the third time! I shall post about it after this post.

0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger