Friday, January 23, 2009

First Week of School

My First day of school was on Tuesday because Monday , being Martin Luther King Day, was a holiday.
_________________________
INFOBITS

Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a United States holiday marking the birthdate of the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., observed on the third Monday of January each year, around the time of King's birthday, January 15. It is one of four United States federal holidays[1] to commemorate an individual person.

King was the chief spokesman of the nonviolent civil rights movement, which successfully protested racial discrimination in federal and state law. He was assassinated in 1968.

_____________________

Ok, Now I feel really ignorant because although I have always known of Martin Luther King Jr, I never knew he was assassinated. Oh no.
:(

Well, Tuesday wasn't exactly considered school because it was also President Obama's Inaugeration. Although we had lessons, the kind, nice and smart professor released us 45 mins early to watch the 'historic' event.

It was really fun because everyone was huddled together in a few rooms, all intently watching the inaugeration ceremony. Being Singaporean, such an experiecnce is rather enlightening and is quite an eye opener. Don't mistake me, I am not saying our politics leaves much to be desired; I am perfectly happy with our system (as Ying jie/Wei Kor should ALREADY know by now!), it's just really different to be in a country where people actually have that much passion for politics.



Bad picture of me, but it's the only one of me in that room. Oh well.



ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHAT TO DO?
SCHOOL HAS STARTED!!!!!!!!!


I should blog about my classes

BUT.

Finance is not particularly interesting can !

AYEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Oh ya! When Dr Rick Warren said 'SASHA' as though he was performing some ancient secret ritual during his speech, the whole room actually started laughing!

If u haven't watched it, go catch a clip! I'm sure if u you tube Dr Rick Warren, Sasha, you should get something.
Not sure. But try. it was hilarious.

Why on earth did he say her name like that?
Damn weird.

0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger