Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snaining and Umbrella flashing.

Today when I woke up and looked out of my window, I saw snow laden cars and people in their snow wear. The window however, had alot of water droplets on it.

'Condensation' I thought. Afterall, since there was snow on the ground, it couldn't exactly be raining. (I know , after CAREFUL thought, that condensation won't form on the outside of my window since the inside is warmer. SO YA. IM NOT STUPID!)

Anyways, well, yea, it was raining , together with snow. Hmmmmm.

As per my past post where i said it was snowing and raining at the same time , let me tell you, its DAMN WEIRD. DAMN DAMN WEIRD.

I shall give snowing and raining a new name:

Snaining. (you heard it here first!) (Edit: Crap. I googled 'Snaining' and there's already a term like that in the urban dictionary. CRAP!)

Oh wells, yes, so while I appreciate rain, I don't exactly appreciate Snain.

The following are certain things that might happen in snian..

1) The gound is wet hence your shoes get wet.

2) The ground has snow, hence your shoes get wet. Also, Snow mounds on the road are mischievous things. They don't tell you if they're real snow or fake snow. HENCE, many times you step into a mound of snow because there is no other way across, and surprise surprise, you're ankle deep in water! Ho ho ho. Wet Shoes!

3) The ground has ice, hence you slip + your shoes get wet.

4) Fake Ice forms, and so, well, yes, you crack the surface and your feet are bathed in nice slushy , as Shufen puts it, Chng-teng-ish water.

5) The wind is strong, and your umbrella decides to do a flash.


Regarding the flashing umbrella, I was next to this lady, and the wind was blowing like a 10000 watt hairdryer, and as we were trying to navigate the fake snow mounds, I said, "this is horrible!". Immediately, her umbrella did a flash and I was like. hmmmmmm. "yea, that's horrible!"


Notice the snow/rain. This was after it stopped raining for a while. So what I had to deal with, was twice of that. or maybe even 10 times. hoho.

I had thoroughly soaked shoes for the whole of lesson day today. Hence I went to get water proof shoes. Not exactly nice, but yea, they'll do. Expensive though :(




I'll be visiting Washington D.C. on friday, so am looking forward to it! :)

0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger