Friday, January 16, 2009

Move Away Parsons! LY is becoming a cook!

So, I tried to survive the whole of today without spending any money on outside food.
GUESS WHAT!

I SUCCEEDED!

I am about to be hooked onto cooking!
:) :) :) :) :)
Well, I must agree my cooking wouldn't have been nice /edible without pre-made hoisin + oyster +soya sauce, but still, my dish was edible!

And even though I am SO NEW to microwaves, I have found them to be extremely helpful!
I hate frying not only because its UNHELTHY, but because it stinks up the room terribly! And there's ALL that oil and grease which makes for horrendous clearing up.



So yea, decided to make the full use of my micro wave and got myself a proper home-made dinner!

ALSO.

I MADE MY FIRST POT OF RICE!
WITHOUT A RICE COOKER!


Thanks to sengteck for enlightening me that rice need not be cooked in a rice cooker. heh.

Me: "you can cook rice in a rice cooker???????" Sengteck: "Then what, last time people had no rice cookers so they didn't cook rice is it." (cue sarcastic, condescending but still endearing voice. heh. )



my BEAUTIFUL RICE. But it was slightly mushy :(

The main course! Vegetables and fish with hoisin+oyster+soya+beanpaste

Tip: Onions and Garlic make ALL the difference to your cooking. If you didn't already know. hehe.

Wanna see the final product?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.Voila!

I WISH.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

So ya, this is what came out:

Can you see ma's chilli by the side. :D

Looks quite nice hor !!!!






0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger