Friday, January 16, 2009

Dilemma!

Alright. So today I made a trip down to Parsons, which is surprisingly very near to my place. just a couple of blocks down along 5th avenue and between 13th and 14th street (the street i stay at).

Well, there are 2 suitable courses that I am thinking of going for :

1) Careers in fashion design

  • minimal studio work , more seminar style, telling you about what you need to be a fasion designer/retailer, how to purchase apparel and stuff.
  • "learn how to cpmplete a collection from inspiration to finished product and to translate creative ideas into a well merchandised and well balanced collection"
  • for 6 lessons beginning feb and ending before spring break, USD$306 or SGD$455 with current exchange rates.
  • I calculated, its about SGD $30 an hour , which is not that bad actually - lesser than piano lessons!
  • This would be more of an intro to the fashion world rather than a designing/ art course.
  • Doubt I would even know how to sew a piece of clothing after this!

2) Basics of Oil painting
  • all studio work ( GREAT! considering I havent painted a single oil painting at all and I really want to learn oil.)
  • but basic oil painting, also $306 USD for 6 lessons,
  • beginning after spring break, meaning it will conflict with the later part of my school term where projects etc are mostly due,
  • I will also need to buy painting supplies!

Well, I'm not sure if I should even take any! considering they're at night and I have school work. but it's only once a week. It is also pricey.

Anyone has suggestions?



Where the arrows are pointing, those are the famous banners for Parsons, didnt manage to get a good shot cos it was FREEZING and i refused to expose my hands to the harsh cold a second longer.

0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger