Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sacré-Cœur

Sacre Coeur has to be the most beautiful place in Paris. Ok maybe that's cos I haven't really seen much of Paris, but Sacre Coeur has to be one of the top 5 at least! I didn't really look forward to going there because it involved a rather long walk and it was after all just a Cathedral (I don't intend to be blasphemous, but there are Cathedrals everywhere aren't there!). But now , after seeing that place, man am I glad I did.

Before we start, from wiki: The Sacré-Cœur Basilica Roman Catholic basilica is a popular landmark in Paris, France, dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The basilica is located at the summit of the butte Montmartre, the highest point in the city.

Will just let you guys see some photos:


It's very charming how from between the alleys, you can see SacreCoeur looming up in the distance. Very majestic, very gorgeous, very awe inducing. Totally not what I had expected. I mean, I had travelled to SacreCoeur on google earth (ok some of u will slap me for saying that) so I didn't think it would be as nice as it was la! I mean, Google earth's 3d Buildings are very realistic okay.


In the alley leading up to Sacre Coeur. You can see the iconic carousal at the end of the alley.


At the base of the Cathedral


Just midway up and the view is already splendid. Of course it does help that all the buildings within Paris are made to be low. (La defense, their CBD, has high rise towers but that is not within Paris, it is in zone 3)
I like how the people just lie on the sloped lawn enjoying the gorgeous summer day. Wanted to do that myself but oh well, not in my Singaporean mentality. ^^


I felt this was a nice angled shot. haha. Wadever.


I took a shot of the Eiffel from the back of Sacre Coeur, thought it was quite nice so I edited it on photoshop. Scary how it looks old and antiquated but I like how the tree branches frame the Eiffel nicely.


The doors into Sacre Coeur which are not used. The entrace is by the side of these 2 doors.


LETS REMIX!!!! From the very top of Sacre Coeur, you can see almost the whole of Paris, all the way to La Defense.


Sacre Coeur and the masses. Ok I didn't like that there was a guy standing in the middle of all that people , singing hippie english songs on his guitar with loudspeakers. And people actually CLAPPED after each song. *puke*

I mean, it's like a French Cathedral and so people are there for the French experience. At least sing FRENCH folksy songs with an accordion la! I just came from New York, so I don't really need any more English, poppish, pseudo-emo/emo/wadever songs thank you vrai much.

AND. he also HAD to sing R.E.M.'s 'Losing my religion' with lyrics like this:

"That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight, I'm
Losing my religion"

I mean, it's a nice song and all and I'm not religious, but IF YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR RELIGION, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO LOSE IT.
Freaking irritating.

Ok. Irritation aside. I need to think of nice things. I need to think of nice things:
WOW, LOOK AT HOW GORGEOUS THE VIEW IS:



The slopes are actually quite steep as you can see from here. But , nice to lie on! A natural recliner. heh.


The iconic carousel.


Ok so Si has been buying these little glass bottles of goodness, just wanted to let u guys see. ha. cost about 5 sing bucks each! but so very very good.

Okies. Done with Sacre Coeur.
I will continue blogging tomorrow on the SEGWAY TOUR I HAD AROUND PARIS.
The Segway has to be the FUNNEST thing EVER.

Nightey Nights.

0 comments:


original blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. MASSIVELY individualised by LYWong. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger